For each thesis, we need these things:
- All registration paperwork in order.
- One bound physical copy of the thesis for Prof. Riehle; the Prüfungsamt may need more copies.
- All data and files in electronic form, provided to Prof. Riehle. Data and files may include:
- The thesis source (Word, Libre/OpenOffice or LaTeX)
- Source code (if the source code is part of a larger open source project, a link to the public repository is sufficient)
- All empirical data, including audio files from interviews
- All results for qualitative data analysis
- Any R source code and resulting data
- A PDF for web-publishing; student theses are blogged in the finished-theses category.
- Theses of the type “teaching case” also need to include a sign-off from the interview subject.
The style of a student thesis should conform to our general rules for structure and layout of final thesis. Also, students sometimes wonder about the “wissenschaftlicher Anspruch” (scientific aspiration) of a final thesis. Different theses have different requirements and we explain them in these pages as well.
Additional useful materials are being collected in this Drive folder.