CrystallBall is our parser demo so that you don’t have to get down to code to check out the parser. It is a simple and easy way to see how we interpret Wikitext.
The general Sweble Parser documentation is on the wiki, naturally. Here are a few examples, though, for the hurried among you. Please note that we have not invested in style sheets to make HTML output look nice or like Wikipedia.org output (not our project goal).
Parsing the generic article (page) ASDF:
- Show original Wikitext
- Show AST after expansion and postprocessing
- Render article after expansion and postprocessing
Some other articles:
The ultimate parser deathmatch Wikipedia article page (courtesy of Luca Dealfaro of WikiTrust fame):
- Saxby Chambliss – Render article after postprocessing but without expansion (skipping expansion leads to wrong nesting of tables)
- Saxby Chambliss – Render article after expansion and postprocessing
And finally some XPath queries:
- Extract the section called “Tourism” from the article “France”
- Extract the name of the capital from the “Infobox Country” template invocation of the article “France”
Have fun! And please let us know if your favorite article doesn’t do what you think it should do!