The professorship cares deeply about student-founded software startups. To this end, it provides financial grants to qualified individuals similarly to how the DFG   provides grants to qualified researchers.
Recent graduates can apply any time for the Startupinformatik Entrepreneur-in-Residence grant. The grant will cover basic living expenses and is provided for up to 12 months.
The main purpose of the grant is to provide the entrepreneur the freedom to develop a business plan for the proposed startup. The professorship will provide the necessary context and resources that will allow the individual to carry out the work.
Requirements for the individual to qualify and to be considered are:
- A recent graduate with a Master’s degree from FAU
- Strong academic record, indicating entrepreneurial interests
- Strong personal record, indicating past entrepreneurial activities
- A convincing proposal for a software startup
- A strong connection with the interests of the professorship
To be considered, please send an email to Prof. Riehle indicating your interest.
History of Grants
- 2016-2017: Matthias Lugert