The Sweble Wikitext Parser is a parser for the wiki markup (called Wikitext) used by the MediaWiki wiki engine. Of course, the MediaWiki software provides its own parser for wikitext, however, the MediaWiki parser only produces HTML output. The Sweble Wikitext Parser on the other hand generates a machine-readable representation (AST – abstract syntax tree) of an article, thus unlocking the structured data within a wiki running the MediaWiki software.
The parser is developed by the Open Source Research Group at the University Erlangen-Nürnberg. It was open-sourced on the 1st of May 2011. It is licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 and AGPL (also see POM files and source code headers).
Where to go from here:
- Have a look at the features of the Sweble Parser.
- Follow this guide to compile and run a little demostration project.
- Browse the Sweble code repository.
- Have a look at our publications surrounding the Sweble Wikitext Parser.
- If you would like to contribute take a look at our contribute page.
- Browse our main maven artifacts.
- Find out about the licenses we use.